Sunday, May 9, 2010

Music, Piano - J.S.Bach Prelude in C

Here's a little something from Bach's The Well Tempered Clavier, Book 1. I'm not playing on a well-tempered clavichord, but instead on my wonderful Yamaha electronic keyboard, pictured. My piano is one of my favorite possessions. It feels very similar to a real piano, with great weighted keys, and the sound isn't bad either. The only downside is that it's heavy. It's meant to sit in a home, not be transported around.

After about 100 takes I finally got a recording where I didn't mess up too badly. On each take I would be playing well, but then hit a wrong note 3/4s of the way through (or, the very last chord... ARGH!), and on this song you REALLY notice the wrong notes. The good news is after 100 takes I have the song memorized :). The quality of this recording should be better than the last since I recorded directly to my Macbook rather than go through my mixer, which picks up all sorts of interference from the nearby radio towers. Hope you like it!

Listen:

Download: mark_prelude_in_c.mp3 [divshare.com]

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Mark! I'm looking forward to hearing more of your music. And the photo is cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I'm impressed with the electric piano. It sounds great! Which also means you sound great! It was nice to listen to as I sipped my coffee this morning. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete